Re: [GENERAL] Maximum of connections in PG

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Maximum of connections in PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/14/2017 09:08 AM, Durumdara wrote:
> Dear Melvin!
>
> What is the meaning of PgBouncer with persistent, non-interruptable
> connections? To I know it (for learn).
>
> They are non web connections (request, get connection, result, drop
> connection), they are pure, native applications which are keeping
> connection from the start to the termination.

So just so we are same page:

1) When you say Web connections you are referring to HTTP:

        *connection*
    client request --> Web Server

         client     <-- reponse |
    *connection*

    repeat *connection* section for each request

2) Postgres connections

    *connection*
    client  connect -->
        query   -->   Postgres server
        query   -->
         client disconnect <--
    *connection*

In either case you are connecting/disconnecting it is just a matter of
when. So if I am following correctly you do not actually need a
connection to the Postgres server that is always on you just need one to
be available when you run a query or set of queries.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com