Re: unnesting multirange data types

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: unnesting multirange data types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/12/21 5:57 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 2:44 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ()On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 2:30 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

>>> should say: "can be cast to an array of corresponding.."

>>> I think should be: *an array of ranges
>>
>> Thank you for catching this.
>>
>>> Per sqlsmith, this is causing consistent crashes.
>>> I took one of its less appalling queries and simplified it to this:
>>>
>>> select
>>> pg_catalog.multirange_to_array(
>>>     cast(pg_catalog.int8multirange() as int8multirange)) as c2
>>> from (select 1)x;
>>
>> It seems that multirange_to_array() doesn't handle empty multiranges.
>> I'll post an updated version of the patch tomorrow.
>
> A revised patch is attached.  Now empty multiranges are handled
> properly (and it's covered by tests).  Typos are fixed as well.

Tested both against my original cases using both SQL + PL/pgSQL. All
worked well. I also tested the empty multirange case as well.

Overall the documentation seems to make sense, I'd suggest:

+  <para>
+   The multirange can be cast to an array of corresponding ranges.
+  </para>

becomes:

+  <para>
+   A multirange can be cast to an array of ranges of the same type.
+  </para>

Again, I'll defer to others on the code, but this seems to solve the use
case I presented. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Jonathan

Вложения