Re: [HACKERS] Warning!!

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Warning!!
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Warning!!
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm very new to this list, and I have to first say that 6.4beta5 fixes
> every problem I had encountered with 6.3.2 (A small list..)
> Just now I saw and posted this...
> If the pence is 0-4 it rounds down... surely that's a rounding bug
> because it should be looking at the next significant figure?

tgl=> select cash_mul_flt8('$123.77', '1');
cash_mul_flt8
-------------
$123.77
(1 row)

tgl=> select cash_mul_flt8('$1', '123.77');
cash_mul_flt8
$123.76
(1 row)

That's annoying; it's non-symmetric too. The money type is stored as an
integer, and the float type is an IEEE double; looks like we have an LSB
rounding problem. Not sure what to do about it other than remove the
function, which isn't desirable I'm sure...
                - Tom