Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020/02/26 16:55, Paul Förster wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
>> On 26. Feb, 2020, at 01:38, Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> Assuming the standby/replica is created using pg_basebackup, you can use the
>> -T/--tablespace-mapping option to remap the tablespace directories.
>
> no, with Patroni, replicas are always initiated by Patroni. Patroni copies the whole PGDATA including everything
(postgresql.conf,etc.) in it to the replica site. When launching Patroni for the first time, all you need is its yaml
configurationfile and an empty PGDATA. It then will copy the whole master's PGDATA as is, launch the replica database
clusterand start replication.

> Even if Patroni uses pg_basebackup internally (which I assume it does), there is no way to pass parameters to it.
>
> Then you can stop the Patroni process on the replica site which in turn takes the replica database cluster down, make
someconfiguration changes and launch it again. You can of course only make changes to things which don't get replicated
allover again or are managed by Patroni itself. This is, how I set up individual archive destinations for each
replicationmember because the initial archive destination of course is replicated, and thus identical, when Patroni
buildsthe replica database cluster.

> Tablespace mapping just creates the links to the directories in ${PGDATA}/pg_tblspc to a different location. And
sincepg_basebackup isn't used, there is no way to do that. But I can do that by hand. That is not the problem.

> The problem is that PostgreSQL keeps the tablespace location inside the database and not in some config file.

It doesn't - it takes the tablespace location directly from the symlink in the "pg_tblspc"
directory (since PostgreSQL 9.2), so you can manipulate those manually, provided the server
isn't running of course.

Not sure how that would fit in with the Patroni side of things.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Alexander Kukushkin
Сообщение: Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host
От: Søren Frisk
Сообщение: Invoice increment