Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres
Дата
Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres
Список pgsql-general
On 12/03/2016 09:38 PM, Joseph Brenner wrote:
>> So is the 9.4 instance the production/live database?
>
> Essentially, but it's not heavily used: this is me messing around on a dev box.
>
>> So what happens when you specify the port in your psql connection, eg:
>> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --dbname=doom --username=doom -p 5432
>> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --dbname=doom --username=doom -p 5433
>> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --dbname=doom --username=doom -p 5434
>
> With /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql, only "-p 5433" connects, the
> other two complain like so:
>
>   psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5434"?

Alright how about?:

/usr/bin/psql --dbname=doom --username=doom -p 5434

My suspicion is that when you did the source build you got some cross
contamination of libraries.

If it where me I would get rid of the instance that you built from
source, assuming that there is nothing important on it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com