Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Select works only when connected from login postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> My suspicion is that when you did the source build you got some cross
> contamination of libraries.

That's the best theory I can come up with either, although libpq's
APIs haven't really changed in any non-backwards-compatible fashion
in years.  I could imagine a newer psql flat-out crashing because it
tries to call some libpq function that doesn't exist in an older
libpq, but that's not what we're seeing here.  It's really weird.

A couple of tests that might help narrow things down:

1. In the server configuration, enable log_connections,
log_disconnections, and log_statement = 'all'.  Does anything show up in
the log when you connect with the broken psql and issue commands?

2. If you issue commands that span multiple lines --- unclosed left
parens, multiline string literals, missing semicolons --- does the
psql prompt change to match?