re: Help...(summerd@cs.unm.edu)

От Carilda A. Thomas
Тема re: Help...(summerd@cs.unm.edu)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:21:08 -0600
> From: Summer <summerd@cs.unm.edu>
> Subject: Help...
>
> I have set up a database using psql and everything has been going pretty
> well. I am storing a relatively significant amount of data in the tables.
> One particular table has about 22000 entries. All of a sudden I cannot get
> any queries to return on this table. Even a simple:
>
> select * from table;
>
> The database actually hangs. I have not encountered this type of problem
> before. Is there some limitation to the size of a table? Is there a way I
> can try and get into the data? The other tables are behaving normally.....

> Summer
> UNM

The following may not be your problem at all, but it is a mystery I have
encountered on my own:

If one of the fields in your table is one of the datetime type fields, there is
a certain value you can put into it (I forget what the value is -- it may just
be the format -- long time ago) that will be accepted but will wind up trashing
ONLY THAT TABLE.

I think when I did this, it was on a 6.3.1 release.  You didn't give details on
your Postgresql release or execution platform.....

Hope this helps.

cat