Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > On my RedHat Linux systems, the appropriate place seems to be
> > /var/lock or /var/lock/pgsql.
> FreeBSD has a /var/spool/lock...Solaris has /var/spool/locks
> we could put it into the template for the OS as a -DLOCK_DIR="", which
> would probably be the simplist (instead of having configure searching
> all possibilities)...

I like this. And one can override it with Makefile.custom if desired.

There are other items appearing in some of the Makefiles which would do
better to go in the templates. In particular, some of the library
Makefiles have big chunks of "ifeq ($(PORTNAME), xxx)" code containing
lots of duplicate or repetative info. We can/should move all of this
stuff out into the templates and into configure.

Something to do for v6.5...

                     - Tom