Re: NEED REPLICATION SOLUTION -POSTGRES 9.1

От Rick Otten
Тема Re: NEED REPLICATION SOLUTION -POSTGRES 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I recommend SymmetricDS - http://www.symmetricds.org

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of
suhas.basavaraj12
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:12 PM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] NEED REPLICATION SOLUTION -POSTGRES 9.1

Hi,

We are planning to migrate  our production  databases to different servers.We have around  8 servers with 8 different
clusters.Weare planning t shuffle databases and make them as 7 cluster and migrate to new remote servers .
We cannot use streaming replication as we are migrating different databases from different clusters to one single
cluster. This  will be resulting in huge downtime  as data is huge .
Need expert advice on this scenario.Can we reduce downtime in any way ..??

Rgrds
Suhas