Re: man-page install (was Re: pg_dump new -n flag)

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: man-page install (was Re: pg_dump new -n flag)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I won't move the location of the man
> > sources, just change the makefiles.
> ... but as long as the man pages live under src/man, I think they
> ought to be installed by the src makefile.  Cross-subtree installs are
> confusing.
> I'd vote for going all the way and moving the src/man subdirectory
> into the doc tree.

I agree, but would like to keep it this way for this release for three
reasons:

1) the src/ makefile is actually doing the install. So from src/ you can
do a

  make install-man

but it is no longer part of "src/make install". The doc/ makefile simply
does the above make.

2) moving the files will (unfortunately) eliminate the cvs log
information (unless I do bad stuff with the RCS tree behind cvs, and I'm
not touching that :)

3) the next release should have man pages derived from sgml so it won't
be an issue.

                  - Tom