man-page install (was Re: pg_dump new -n flag)

От Tom Lane
Тема man-page install (was Re: pg_dump new -n flag)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> btw, I'm thinking of changing the src/ and doc/ Makefiles to have the
> man pages installed from the doc directory, not the src directory. So,
> one would get the man pages installed by doing
>   % cd doc
>   % make install
> rather than having them installed every time you install a new
> executable, as currently happens.

That sounds good...

> I won't move the location of the man
> sources, just change the makefiles.

... but as long as the man pages live under src/man, I think they ought
to be installed by the src makefile.  Cross-subtree installs are confusing.
I'd vote for going all the way and moving the src/man subdirectory into
the doc tree.