Re: Vacuum full - disk space eaten by WAL logfiles

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum full - disk space eaten by WAL logfiles
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Lee Wu" <Lwu@mxlogic.com> writes:
> Here is postgres log from 20:17:42 to 20:25:35.
> I did NOT removing anything except hostname and table names.

Hmm.  That shows the checkpoint process (8213) in a tight loop removing
unwanted XLOG files.  But apparently it is being starved for cycles ---
look at the gaps between log entries.  There's no problem with removing
eight per second at 20:17:46, but after that there are periods of 10 to
20 seconds where it doesn't get to run at all.  It really should have
finished this phase in a few seconds, but instead it's still trying to
do the removal seven minutes later when the COPY process fails.
Apparently the COPY and VACUUM and whatever else is going on are able
to create/use XLOG files faster than the checkpoint process can remove
them.  Which makes no sense.

I think there is something fairly odd about either your kernel scheduler
or your filesystem.  What sort of platform is this anyway?