PostgreSQL RPM installation method(RedHat 5.1)

От Bennett Yip
Тема PostgreSQL RPM installation method(RedHat 5.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am a new Linux user. I hope these step can help other RedHat 5.1 user
Step by step in RedHat 5.1

1.To install PosqtgreSQL and create the first user

root # rpm -Uvh postgresql-*
root # create pguser1
root # su - postgres
postgres# postmaster -D/usr/lib/pgsql
postgres# createuser pguser1
postgres# exit

2.To run the postmaster when booting

root # setup
It is the easiest way to manager the Linux configration in RedHat.
It can setup keyboard, mouse, sound card, Xwin, load/unload services....

3.Let postmaster to be connected with TCP/IP

a. (run postmaster manully)
root # postmaster -S -i -D/usr/lib/pgsql

b. (This must be done if you have finished step 2)
 - change to the directory, init.d (I forget the path, :p)
 - edit the file, postgresql
 - find the string "postmaster -S -D/usr/lib/pgsql"
 - change the string "postmaster -S -i -D/usr/lib/pgsql"
 - save it

Bennett.

Вложения