Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:

> Goran Thyni <goran@bildbasen.se> writes:
> > * A "pure perl"-interface is useful for
> >       - systems without decent C-compiler
> >       - systems not supported by libpq
> >           (there is already a pure TCL interface, isn't it?)
>
> I agree that a "pure Perl" or "pure Tcl" front end would be more
> easily portable than what we have.  It'd probably be slower, but
> maybe not so much slower as to be a problem.

I once did an incomplete "pure Python" PgSQL (v6.2) interface, which ran
on both Linux and Win32. It was not that much slower.

> The present libpgtcl is NOT pure Tcl --- it is a C-coded Tcl extension,
> besides which it is layered on top of libpq.
>
> I think I remember someone speculating about writing a pure Tcl
> front end by programming directly to the socket-level FE/BE interface,
> but I haven't heard about any results.

I've got the impression that there is currently a pure Tcl interface
as well that some use with pgAccess on win32.

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg