Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Goran Thyni <goran@bildbasen.se> writes:
> * A "pure perl"-interface is useful for
>     - systems without decent C-compiler
>     - systems not supported by libpq
>           (there is already a pure TCL interface, isn't it?)

I agree that a "pure Perl" or "pure Tcl" front end would be more
easily portable than what we have.  It'd probably be slower, but
maybe not so much slower as to be a problem.

The present libpgtcl is NOT pure Tcl --- it is a C-coded Tcl extension,
besides which it is layered on top of libpq.

I think I remember someone speculating about writing a pure Tcl
front end by programming directly to the socket-level FE/BE interface,
but I haven't heard about any results.

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg