Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I've included the HOWTO I recently wrote for mySQL that will be
> distributed with the upcoming 4.4.1 release; hope this helps.

That helped a lot Eric. Thanks.

So, here is the current status:

1) the psqlodbc driver has the database information section _hardcoded_
as "PostgreSQL".

2) the psqlodbc driver does not successfully read the .odbc.ini file (or
at least doesn't read any of the entries I've put into it). That
explains why the log files were not being written and why things like
the server name and port number were never being set.

3) I guess it shouldn't suprise me, but the psqlodbc driver does not use
libpq to interface with Postgres. Byron and company have done a lot of
work recreating it.

Off to work now. Will try some more this evening...

                     - Tom