Re: [INTERFACES] libpq & user

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] libpq & user
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> > In the psql source code, they set the user by setting the PGUSER
> > environment variable. The source of the PQsetdb function states that the
> > following environment variables are accepted (although this is not
> > documented - at least not in my old 6.2.1 version):
>
> Aha!  Thank you, that was the secret.  I do not believe that these
> environment variables are documented in 6.3.1 either -- at least, I
> didn't find them.  I tried USER, but not PGUSER.

These environment variables are documented in the libpq section of the
new v6.3.x html/hardcopy documents. However, PGUSER was omitted. Would
someone like to add it to the sgml sources? It is in
  doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml

Look for PGHOST, put in some text in the appropriate area, and send a
patch. It's that easy! (Wasn't that a Ross Perot quote?...)

                     - Tom