Re: [DOCS] Re: [INTERFACES] libpq & user

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: [INTERFACES] libpq & user
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> > > In the psql source code, they set the user by setting the PGUSER
> > > environment variable. The source of the PQsetdb function states that the
> > > following environment variables are accepted (although this is not
> > > documented - at least not in my old 6.2.1 version):
> >
> > Aha!  Thank you, that was the secret.  I do not believe that these
> > environment variables are documented in 6.3.1 either -- at least, I
> > didn't find them.  I tried USER, but not PGUSER.
>
> These environment variables are documented in the libpq section of the
> new v6.3.x html/hardcopy documents. However, PGUSER was omitted. Would
> someone like to add it to the sgml sources? It is in
>   doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml
>
> Look for PGHOST, put in some text in the appropriate area, and send a
> patch. It's that easy! (Wasn't that a Ross Perot quote?...)

Woh, hold on big doggy.  (western saying)

Someone is in the process of converting the 6.3.2 src/man/* pages to
sgml.

We need to continue making changes only to the src/man/* pages until
they are converted all to sgml, and then any changes made to src/man/*
from 6.3.2->current are merged into the sgml source.  At that point, we
switch over to making changes only to the sgml files, and generate
src/man/* before each release.  We need to move to sgml, but we can't
start making changes in two places.  I have added to src/man/libpq.3:

\(bu
.B PGUSER
sets the username use to connect to the database and for authentication.

Is this OK?