Re: libpq and mysterious "invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8".

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq and mysterious "invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8".
Дата
Список pgsql-general
rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com> writes:
> Columns:- maincontact boolean DEFAULT false,
>         publdatacontact boolean DEFAULT false,
>         invcontact boolean DEFAULT false,
>         queries_recipient boolean,
>         fakelastname boolean NOT NULL DEFAULT false,

> are defined as booleans and all except one have defaults declared, yet
> you are passing NULL's which the insert tries to cast to boolean.
> Maybe this is the cause of the error??

Oooh ... if we posit that the statement is expected to throw an error,
maybe what this error is complaining about is an inability to translate
a localized error message to the client's encoding.  This could reflect
an incorrectly-encoded .po file, for example.  So what we need to know
next is what lc_messages setting Jiří is using, and also the server
and client encodings.