Re: libpq and mysterious "invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8".

От rob stone
Тема Re: libpq and mysterious "invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8".
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

On Mon, 2021-02-01 at 18:03 +0100, Jiří Pavlovský wrote:

> Thanks for the answer.
>

> I don't think triggers or constraints are the issue.
>
> The exact same code works if I create a small test program with the
> same
> query and the same parameters.
>
> But when used in the context of the whole application it gives the
> error.
>
>   I don't know what should I try. I tried all possible combinations
> of
> parameters.
>
> I have just even tried to disable triggers and remove any constraints
> from the table. Same error.

Columns:- maincontact boolean DEFAULT false,
        publdatacontact boolean DEFAULT false,
        invcontact boolean DEFAULT false,
        queries_recipient boolean,
        fakelastname boolean NOT NULL DEFAULT false,

are defined as booleans and all except one have defaults declared, yet
you are passing NULL's which the insert tries to cast to boolean.
Maybe this is the cause of the error??

My 2 cents worth.