Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access can't insert with ODBC connection to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Matthew wrote:

> Hello, I downloaded the latest ODBC driver for PostgreSQL from
> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/ version number 06.30.0245.  I got
> this driver to work and show data from my database after editing the
> pg_hba.conf file.  However, I can't insert new records in the normal
> access way.  I can do these inserts when I connect to MS SQL server with
> an ODBC driver in the same manner as above.  Is this typical? Or do I
> have something configured wrong?  I unchecked both readonly checkboxes
> in the ODBC config, but that had no effect.  I was able to do a manual
> insert query by hardcoding it.

In addition to the datasource not being read-only, Access requires a unique
identifier to be able to update any records.  The driver, by default, does
not report unique identifiers automatically.  Either you must enable the
"recognize unique indexes" advanced driver option OR, if you are using
Access 95 or 97, you can manually select the unique identifier while linking
the table.

Hope that helps.

Byron