Re: [ADMIN] SYSVSEM?

От Ivan Cornell
Тема Re: [ADMIN] SYSVSEM?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> And, the kernel gives:
>
> /kernel: cmd postgres pid 13794 tried to use non-present SYSVSEM
> /kernel: pid 13794 (postgres), uid 70: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)
>
> --
>
> What to fix? The port seems to do things a bit different compared to the
> instructions on the pgsql web pages, should I try without the port?

Hello Harry,

If you read the FAQ_FreeBSD in the docs sub directory of the distribution,
you'll see that you need to recompile the FreeBSD kernel with support for
SystemV Semaphores, etc. While you're at it you might also want to bump up
the maxusers parameter (I changed mine from 5 to 10), as I found I was
running out of file descriptors with postgresql running with apache.
--
Ivan Cornell, FrameStore Ltd
ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk