[Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] ipaddr data type - EXTENDED VERSION HERE]

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] ipaddr data type - EXTENDED VERSION HERE]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nice to know that PostgreSQL is used by greatest ISP in Russia :)

Vadim
I investigated carefully POSTGRES data base (in idea to use it for our
internal IP routing data base, and because  I have participated in Ingres
development here in Russia in RUBIN/DEMOS project - through it was not
freeware work - and it was very interesting for me too see such good
freeware data base as PostgreSQL), and I modified 'ipaddr' data type
library in
accordance to our requests and to allow SQL do indexing over ipaddr objects.

You can read description at 'http://relcom.EU.net/ipaddr.html' and get
sources at 'http://relcom.EU.net/ip_class.tar.gz'. It contains sources,
sql scripts for incorporating new data type into postgres (including
ipaddr_ops operator class incorporation) and 20,000 records based data
test for the indexing.

I am not sure if it's proper mail list for this information, and if
it's interesting for anyone except me to get full-functional ipaddress
class. I am ready to make all modifications, bug fixing and documentation
for this data class if it's nessesary for it's contribution to the
Postgres data base.

Anyway, all my work was based at original 'ip&mac data type'
contribution, written by Tom Ivar Helbekkmo.

Be free to write me any questions or requests about this work.

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)