Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> I'd like to bring to your attention that the test that was introduced
> with 9e4f914b seem to be flaky in FreeBSD 13 in the CFBot builds: it
> sometimes times out while waiting for the secondary to catch up. Or,
> at least I think it does, and I'm not too familiar with TAP failure
> outputs: it returns with error code 29 and logs that I'd expect when
> the timeout is reached.

It's also failing in the buildfarm, eg

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=conchuela&dt=2022-07-28%2020%3A57%3A50

Looks like only conchuela so far, reinforcing the idea that we're
only seeing it on FreeBSD.  I'd tentatively bet on a timing problem
that requires some FreeBSD scheduling quirk to manifest; we've seen
such quirks before.