Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> writes:
> Next up is the large list of Needs Review. This part 1 should include
> entries as old or older than seven commitfests running.

I'm just commenting on a couple that I've been involved with.

> = Stalled Patches, Recommend Return =

> - Fix up partitionwise join on how equi-join conditions between the
> partition keys are identified
>   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/2266/
> It looks like this one was Returned with Feedback but did not actually
> have feedback, which may have caused confusion. (Solid motivation for a
> new close status.) I don't think there's been any review since 2020.

Yeah, there was an earlier discussion of this same patch in some
previous CF-closing thread, IIRC, but I can't find that right now.
I think it basically is stuck behind the outer-join-variables work
I'm pursuing at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/39/3755/ ... and
when/if that lands, the present patch probably won't be anywhere
near what we want anyway.  +1 for RWF.

> = Stalled Patches, Need Help =

> - Fix behavior of geo_ops when NaN is involved
>   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/2710/

> Stuck in a half-committed state, which is tricky. Could maybe use a
> reframing or recap (or a new thread?).

We fixed a couple of easy cases but then realized that the hard cases
are hard.  I don't have much faith that the current patch is going to
lead to anything committable, and it doesn't look like anyone has the
appetite to put in a lot of work on the topic.  I'd vote for RWF.