Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER
Дата
Re: [INTERFACES] Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER  ("Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac@bo.nettuno.it>)
Список pgsql-interfaces

Jose' Soares Da Silva wrote:

> I have a problem with types.
> I created a table with a column of type money and another with type
> bool, Access translate money to numeric (double precision) and bool to
> text.
> I thought that Access recognized this types as Money and Yes/No.
> Is it an ODBC or a PostgreSQL problem ?
>                                                          Thanks, Jose'

In my tests, Access never bothered to retrieve the information returned by
the driver which says that the field is a MONEY type.  I chose to make it a
numeric, but I could make it character, which would allow you to see the
money symbols, but I'm not sure if you could perform calculations on it?

As for the BOOL problem, I tried to return it as a SQL_BOOL, but Access
displayed it as 0=FALSE, and (-1)=TRUE.  Why does TRUE translate to a -1, I
have no idea.  But for that reason, I chose to make it a character type
instead.

I could add options to the setup dialog for handling these two types, if
anyone's interested.

Byron