Re: [INTERFACES] Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER

От Sbragion Denis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

At 08.35 11/05/98 -0400, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
>As for the BOOL problem, I tried to return it as a SQL_BOOL, but Access
>displayed it as 0=FALSE, and (-1)=TRUE.  Why does TRUE translate to a -1, I
>have no idea.  But for that reason, I chose to make it a character type
>instead.

This is an MS brain damage implementation of Booleans. It is used this way
starting from MS Access 1.0 up to VB 5.0. I don't know why MS decided to
use this convention in the early MS Access 1.0 age but for compatibility
reason they had to retain it up to the most recent version of their
development programs.

Bye !

    Dr. Sbragion Denis
    InfoTecna