Re: BUG #18475: pg_dump: "Error Segmentation fault"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18475: pg_dump: "Error Segmentation fault"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> We have in our services several PostgreSQL servers from the Ubuntu 20.04.1
> distribution (PostgreSQL 12.18 on Ubuntu 20.04.1)
> We note that the backup actions of our databases including partitioned
> tables cause a pg_dump error with the message "Segmentation error"
> However, it has not yet been possible to reproduce it on a PostgreSQL 12
> server under Windows. Servers running Ubuntu 18.04 with PostgreSQL 10 also
> appear unaffected.
> Backup command: pg_dump -U postgres -F c -C -c -w $base > ${target}. The
> error persists when directory format is used instead of custom.
> After tests, it turns out that excluding the partitioned table from the
> backup eliminates the error.

It's impossible to do anything with this report: you've not provided
enough information for someone else to reproduce the crash, or even
guess at the cause.  (It's certainly not the case that pg_dump will
fail on any partitioned table.)

Ideally, if you could provide some table definitions that cause
pg_dump to misbehave, I'm sure we could find the problem.
Failing that, a stack trace from the crash would help some.