Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
C-JDBC is a really interesting idea! I have has a look at it in the past,
and stopped when I discovered that the cluster cannot support functions
that return results eg

{? = call <procedure-name>[<arg1>,<arg2>, ...]}

Is this restriction still in place? We use functions a lot, and it is a
show stopper for us.

In fact, it is what is driving us to use an alternate replication system,
since we want our db replicated.

Thanks for any info.

John Sidney-Woollett

Nicolas Modrzyk said:
> Hi,
>
> Since we're implementing transparent connection pooling in C-JDBC, you
> can run C-JDBC on top of the Postgresql driver
> and you'll be able to recover your connection without starting stopping
> application.
> And since, C-JDBC is basically a cluster, you can replicate your
> Postgresql database on multiple backends, and when the
> time of backing up has come, only one of your database backend will be
> offline during the process, the other ones will still be available.
>
> Maybe you should have a look ...
>

> Nicolas,
>

> ---
> Nicolas Modrzyk
> Software Engineer INRIA Rhone-Alpes
> C-JDBC http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org

Сообщение: Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted
Сообщение: Re: Lost connection after postgres restarted