R: psql in Batch mode and passwords?

От Stefano Coletta
Тема R: psql in Batch mode and passwords?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can try with:

echo password | psql ...

But if you are using Pgsql 7.2.1 it will not work (in fact postgres 7.2.1 is getting passwords from /dev/tty instead of
stdin).

However I posted here in the admin-list a patch to the postgres 7.2.1 C code to make it work with stdin, like the older
versions.

Hope it helps.

                   xmedia
           New Media Agency
Stefano Coletta <mailto:coletta@xmedia.net>
Network Admin <http://www.xmedia.net>
via Francesco Benaglia, 13 - Tel. +39 06 588851
00153 Roma Italy fax +39 06 58885016