Re: [HACKERS] postgre install/perl interf

От Edmund Mergl
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgre install/perl interf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andy Farrell wrote:

> REGARDING                postgre install/perl interface
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble installing the perl interface to postgresql.  Postgres
> seems to have installed correctly.  The regression tests worked as documented
> after the install.
>
> One quirk with psql though is that if I don't specify an existing database to
> use (e.g., template1) on the command line, I get the following error:
>
> Connection to database 'postgres' failed.
> FATAL 1:  Database postgres does not exist in pg_database
>
> Is the 'postgres' database suppose to be created?  How was it suppose to be
> created (i.e., did initdb not work correctly)?
>
> Back to the perl problem.  The make file seems to be created appropriately
> and the make works as documented.  The 'make test' fails on the second test
> which attempts to connect to postgres using the 'template1' database.  The
> following error is reported:
>
> not ok 2: 0, 1
> connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and accepting TCP/IP(with -i)
> connections at 'localhost' on port '5432'?
>
> The options in the pg_hba.conf file are:
> local        all                                         trust
> host         all         199.4.254.38     255.255.255.255   trust
>
> I'm running Perl5.00403, Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sun Ultra 10 and using PostGreSQL
> v6.3.
>
> Any help would be sincerely appreciated,
> Andy

the test-script relies on the fact, that you are
using TCP/IP sockets. Starting the postmater with
-i should solve your problem.

Edmund
--
Edmund Mergl          mailto:E.Mergl@bawue.de
Im Haldenhau 9        http://www.bawue.de/~mergl

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: indexing words slow
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: indexing words slow