postgre install/perl interf

От Andy Farrell
Тема postgre install/perl interf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
REGARDING                postgre install/perl interface

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing the perl interface to postgresql.  Postgres
seems to have installed correctly.  The regression tests worked as documented
after the install.

One quirk with psql though is that if I don't specify an existing database to
use (e.g., template1) on the command line, I get the following error:

Connection to database 'postgres' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database postgres does not exist in pg_database

Is the 'postgres' database suppose to be created?  How was it suppose to be
created (i.e., did initdb not work correctly)?

Back to the perl problem.  The make file seems to be created appropriately
and the make works as documented.  The 'make test' fails on the second test
which attempts to connect to postgres using the 'template1' database.  The
following error is reported:

not ok 2: 0, 1
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and accepting TCP/IP(with -i)
connections at 'localhost' on port '5432'?

The options in the pg_hba.conf file are:
local        all                                         trust
host         all         199.4.254.38     255.255.255.255   trust

I'm running Perl5.00403, Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sun Ultra 10 and using PostGreSQL
v6.3.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated,
Andy