Re: development environment of postgres

От Carlos Chacon
Тема Re: development environment of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

To modify postgres, i use kwrite... then "make and make install".... that's all....

But i use this web site to navegate inside the postgres code, i found it very useful....
http://www.mcknight.de/pgsql-doxygen/cvshead/html/

(of course, this web site may be don't have the recent realease of postgres)

dakotali kasap < dakotalidavid@yahoo.com> writes:
> --0-1517433147-1166375569=:82897

> I am also usually working with a simple editor and command line, but becaus=
> e the postgresql project is too big for a person who is looking at the sour=
> ce code for the first time, I thought it will be simpler using a tool like =
> CDT, because jumping directly to a function definition that he wants to loo=
> k at is easy.

That's an essential tool even for someone who knows the code well
... but you shouldn't think that there's only one way to do it.
I like glimpse under emacs (easily finds references to symbols as well
as their definitions; not specific to any one programming language).
I think some other people use ctags.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend