Re: [HACKERS] Rule plan size for views?

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Rule plan size for views?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Sounds like the plan internally grew (possible w/subselect stuff?!?) and
> > has gone over that 8k limit.
>
>     I think it must be due to the cleanups in the node-print and
>     read funcs. They now output/read ALL fields in the nodes.

Oh, I didn't realize that the print functions were actually used for something
other than printing and debugging. I had started to add a few new nodes when I
was trying to debug the "primary key" code.

Should we go through and bracket some of those with #ifdef QUERYDEBUG or
something like that? Where are they actually used? Should we try to keep these
at a minimum for production compiles of the system??

                                           - Tom