Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >Yep.  Does anyone else run OS's with the size of long greater than int?
> >Does Dec Unix Alpha?  Are people running that?
>
> Yes, I'm running PostgreSQL since the 6.0 days, now 6.2.1p6, on a DEC
> Alpha with Digital Unix 3.2c, and it has always worked like a charm. I use
> the DEC C compiler, if it makes any difference. The type sizes are exactly
> those above.

There is a possibility that the v6.3beta has trouble with your type of
machine. Since you have had success in the past, and (presumeably) would like
to use v6.3, would you have time to try testing the new package to see if it
installs for your machine?

We have enough reports of possible trouble (and a new port support scheme)
that each platform needs to be tested before v6.3 is released.

                                                          - Tom