Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost

От Edmund Mergl
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Goran Thyni wrote:

>    in the current snapshot there is no default for PGHOST
>    in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c.
>    In 6.2 this was 'localhost', which is a reasonable default.
>
>    If there is no real reason for not having a default for
>    the host-option, please provide 'localhost' as default.
>
> No host means connect with unix domain socket.
> If host (PGHOST) is set connection is made with tcp socket.
>
> This is related to the problem I mentioned before with
> DBD::Pg and libpq.
>
>         regards,
> --
> Göran Thyni, sysadm, JMS Bildbasen, Kiruna

ok, but there is still no reasonable default. The only way
I got things working is starting the postmaster with -i
and setting the environment-variable PGHOST to 'localhost'.

It should be possible to connect to the backend on the
localhost without having to define the host in the environment
or as argument in PQconnectdb().

Edmund
--
Edmund Mergl       mailto:E.Mergl@bawue.de