Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   > No host means connect with unix domain socket.
   > If host (PGHOST) is set connection is made with tcp socket.
   >
   > This is related to the problem I mentioned before with
   > DBD::Pg and libpq.

   ok, but there is still no reasonable default. The only way
   I got things working is starting the postmaster with -i
   and setting the environment-variable PGHOST to 'localhost'.

   It should be possible to connect to the backend on the
   localhost without having to define the host in the environment
   or as argument in PQconnectdb().

The problem is in PQconnectdb() in libpq.
I will supply a patch as soon as I have time to make a clean one
against current sources.

  regards,

Göran Thyni, sysadm, JMS Bildbasen, Kiruna