Re: [HACKERS] why is char now a keyword

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] why is char now a keyword
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Edmund Mergl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the current snapshot reserves 'char' as keyword.
> Can anyone tell me the reason ?

At least in part so that we can do the explicit parsing required to
support SQL92 syntax elements such as "character sets" and "collating
sequences". I'd like to get support for multiple character sets, but am
immersed in documentation so will not likely get to this for the next
release. Have you encountered a problem with an existing database? In
what context??

                                                      - Tom