Обсуждение: why is char now a keyword

why is char now a keyword

От
Edmund Mergl
Дата:
Hi all,

the current snapshot reserves 'char' as keyword.
Can anyone tell me the reason ?

thanks
Edmund
--
Edmund Mergl       mail: E.Mergl@bawue.de
Im Haldenhau 9     http://www.bawue.de/~mergl

Re: [HACKERS] why is char now a keyword

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
Edmund Mergl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the current snapshot reserves 'char' as keyword.
> Can anyone tell me the reason ?

At least in part so that we can do the explicit parsing required to
support SQL92 syntax elements such as "character sets" and "collating
sequences". I'd like to get support for multiple character sets, but am
immersed in documentation so will not likely get to this for the next
release. Have you encountered a problem with an existing database? In
what context??

                                                      - Tom