Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')

От Vadim B. Mikheev
Тема Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')
Дата
Ответы Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Mattias Kregert wrote:

> > > Yes, that's one of the things I don't understand with PostgreSQL.
> > > ERROR would be much better.
> >
> > How about ABORT ?
>
> Sounds maybe a little too serious.  We currently use WARN a lot to
> indicate errors in the supplied SQL statement.  Perhaps we need to make
> the parser elog's ERROR, and the non-parser WARN's ABORT?  Is that good?
> When can I make the change?  I don't want to mess up people's current work.

ABORT means that transaction is ABORTed.
Will ERROR mean something else ?
Why should we use two different flag-words for the same thing ?
Note, that I don't object against using ERROR, but against using two words.

Vadim