Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')
Дата
Ответ на Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')  ("Vadim B. Mikheev" <vadim@sable.krasnoyarsk.su>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> ABORT means that transaction is ABORTed.
> Will ERROR mean something else ?
> Why should we use two different flag-words for the same thing ?
> Note, that I don't object against using ERROR, but against using two words.

I wanted two words to distinguish between user errors like a mis-spelled
field name, and internal errors like btree failure messages.

Make sense?

I made all the error messages coming from the parser as ERROR, and
non-parser messages as ABORT.  I think I will need to fine-tune the
messages because I am sure I missed some messages that should be ERROR
but are ABORT.  For example, utils/adt messages about improper data
formats, is that an ERROR or an ABORT?

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us