Re: Problems with C Language Functions after upgrade to 7.3.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with C Language Functions after upgrade to 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stefan Holzheu <stefan.holzheu@bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de> writes:
> In 7.1.3 triggers worked fine. With 7.3.2 triggers work in most cases
> but in some cases execution fails at fork or exec.

>> Fails how?  What's the error code exactly?

> fork: errno 2  /* No such file or directory */
> exec: errno 11 /* Try again */

Hmm.  You mean the other way round, I assume, because ENOENT surely
makes no sense for fork().

System resource exhaustion problems, maybe?  EAGAIN for fork() strongly
suggests that.  Perhaps you are running into a ulimit-like limit, such
as max processes per user?  Not sure about ENOENT --- are you giving an
absolute path to locate the program to execute?