Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> writes:
> except instead of relying on a leak to increase memory, I'd like a
> rather intensive large function with a dataset to consumer massive
> amounts of ram.  I just can't think of any function to do that.

Sort a big chunk of data with a high work_mem setting, eg

    select random() from generate_series(1,1000000) order by 1;

or

    select count(*) from
      (select random() from generate_series(1,1000000) order by 1) ss;

The former will drive psql's memory usage up too, the latter not.