Re: commit after dead lock

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: commit after dead lock
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> It's not really any different than other errors. The commit doesn't
> complain (although it also doesn't actually commit anything).

People have occasionally suggested that the command tag from a COMMIT
should read "ABORT" or "ROLLBACK" if the transaction was previously
aborted.  I don't have a strong feeling about it one way or the other.
It'd clearly be helpful for human users, but I could see it confusing
programs that expect the existing behavior of command tag always
matching command.