Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Дата
Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?  (Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info>)
Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Samantha Atkins <sjatkins@mac.com> writes:
> Why is MySQL so much more popular right now, especially in the
> OpenSource community?

I think it's strictly historical.  The mysql bias you see in so
many web tools was established in the late 90s, a time when mysql
worked reasonably well (at least according to the mysql developers'
notion of "reasonably well") whereas postgres was still pretty slow
and buggy.  It took us a long time to get from the original
academically-oriented code to something of real production quality.
We're definitely competitive now, but I don't know if we'll ever fully
overcome that historical disadvantage.

Сообщение: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Сообщение: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?