Re: passwords and 7.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: passwords and 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gregory Seidman <gss+pg@cs.brown.edu> writes:
> Tom Lane sez:
> } Secondary password files aren't supported anymore as of 7.3.  If that's
> } not in the release notes, it's a serious oversight :-(

> It certainly isn't mentioned in README or INSTALL. Anyhow, how do I take
> the existing external password file (which has encrypted passwords) and
> put it into the DB?

I'm afraid you don't.  The encryption method that was used in external
files was crypt(3), which we're migrating away from for various reasons,
chiefly lack of cross-platform portability.  The encryption method
that's now supported in pg_shadow entries is MD5.

I'd counsel issuing temporary new passwords to all your users and
advising them to change them to something of their own choice...