Re: ERROR: No one parent tuple was found

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: No one parent tuple was found
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=EA_Salom=E3o?= <rene@ibiz.com.br> writes:
> After run "VACCUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE" the following message appears:
> "ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found"...
> What can be causing this problem?
> Running a Pg 7.2.3 on Mandrake 8.1

This is a known problem which is fixed in 7.3.  I believe in 7.2 you can
make the error go away by doing "SELECT * FROM table FOR UPDATE" --- but
it might come back again.  (VACUUM gets confused by some scenarios
involving aborted SELECT FOR UPDATE commands; see the pghackers archives
from last August or so for details.)

IIRC, Red Hat has back-patched the 7.3 fix into their latest 7.2.3-based
release, but it was never back-patched in community sources.