Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Support for windows 98 was infact extended to June 2006:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1

Alex

On 10/6/05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 21:40 +0300, Andrus wrote:
> > Just so I know (and am armed ;) ), are there any new
> > comparable features in MySQL 5.0 that aren't in
> > PostgreSQL up to the forthcoming 8.1? AFAIK, PG just
> > lacks updatable views (which are on the TODO).
>
> PostgreSQL does not run in Windows 98
>
> There is a LOT of customers running Windows 98 .
>
> So I must switch to a Firebird, am I right ?

Over MySQL, yes. However since not even Microsoft supports Windows 98
anymore, it is better to update them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

От: CSN
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
От: CSN
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?