Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От CSN
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
at ) telus ( dot ) net> wrote:

http://sql-info.de/postgresql/postgres-gotchas.html

>     Any comments from folks on the list ?

- It's a lot shorter than MySQL's gotchas list.
- 8 of the 13 are for versions of PostgreSQL <= 8.1
- Of the remaining, I consider "select as" to be
really trivial (and it appears a work-around can be
hacked).
- lowercase folding. I DO sometimes wish I could use
fieldID, etc. without quoting it.
- I've never found count(*) to be slow.
- I don't know enough about the "UNICODE means
"UTF-8"" and "RANDOM() failures" to comment.

CSN

http://mail.yahoo.com