Re: RE : RE: Postgresql vs SQLserver for thisapplication ?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: RE : RE: Postgresql vs SQLserver for thisapplication ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I guess I was thinking more in the range of 5000 transaction/sec, less
so 5000 rows on bulk import...

Alex

On Apr 6, 2005 12:47 PM, Mohan, Ross <RMohan@arbinet.com> wrote:
> <snip good stuff...>
>
> 31Million tuples were loaded in approx 279 seconds, or approx 112k rows per second.
>
> > I'd love to see PG get into this range..i am a big fan of PG (just a
> > rank newbie) but I gotta think the underlying code to do this has to
> > be not-too-complex.....
>
> I'd say we're there.
>
> ||  <CLAPPING!!>  Yes! PG is there, assuredly!   So VERY cool!  I made a newbie
>     error of conflating COPY with INSERT. I don't know if I could get
>     oracle to do much more than about 500-1500 rows/sec...PG is quite impressive.
>
>     Makes one wonder why corporations positively insist on giving oracle
>     $$$$ yearly. <shrug>

ofintegers in via a single transaction, no indexes.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient
От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: Réf